Bunk beds are for children’s bedrooms, aren’t they? Well yes, but they are certainly not limited to them.
It might not have even crossed your mind how you could make use of a heavy-duty bunk bed, but the additional floor space and sleeping capacity are not the only benefits.
What is classed as a “strong bunk bed”?
Any bunk bed made from sturdy and long-lasting materials, which can handle a large amount of weight without breaking down, is considered to be a strong or heavy-duty bunk bed.
Heavy-duty bunk beds are designed to withstand the rigours of daily life and anything thrown at them.
Who would need a heavy-duty bunk bed?
You may have childhood memories of clambering up a wobbly bunk bed that rocked and creaked as you ascended, descended and turned over during the night. Because of this, you might believe that bunk beds for adults aren’t a practical idea.
But heavy-duty bunk beds are very different than children’s options, so they are suitable for people of all ages and sizes. Heavy-duty bunk beds don’t move a millimetre and are designed to accommodate heavier people.
Businesses and sectors that typically order strong bunk beds include the following:
- The hospitality industry
- Residential schools and colleges
- Activity centres
- The military
In fact, the uses for reinforced bunk beds are plentiful. They can be a stable sleeping place for multiple people in anything from the home to a prison!
What to look for in a heavy-duty bunk bed
First, ensure you always select a bunk bed that meets British/European Standard BS EN 747. This standard ensures strength, safety and durability. Also, consider the following:
- The weight limit is within the parameters you will need. Beds will have a maximum weight listed, often this is 20 stone, for example.
- The size and dimensions - durable bunks can be supplied in queen and king sizes to comfortably house larger adults and even couples.
- The bed is well-constructed from heavy-duty materials such as industrial grade aluminium, strengthened steel or solid timber.
- Safety features should include side rails, a headboard and a ladder capable of withstanding use by an adult.
Heavy-duty bunk beds are often supplied on contract for customers who require multiple units. Also, look for a structural warranty. Take a browse of our range of strong bunk beds to pick the model that best meet your needs.