OUR UNIQUE HEAVY DUTY GUARANTEE WILL GIVE YOU CONFIDENCE IN OUR PRODUCTS
Our Heavy Duty Guarantee
Thank you for purchasing a product with us, this guarantee works in conjunction with our terms and conditions. We stand by our products and offer a unique heavy duty guarantee to give you peace of mind. Should a defect arise through proven material failure or faulty workmanship we guarantee to repair or replace the product in accordance with the following:
- We guarantee all our products for a minimum of 12 Months. Some products are guaranteed for more than this. Please check individual product pages for this information.
- The Guarantee does not apply if there is evidence of abuse, misuse or damage through neglect or accident. Also, if the product is soiled, stained or unhygienic. This would be inspected and investigated by our specialist engineers.
- In the event of a dispute we may request an independent third-party inspection of the products by a recognised and qualified organisation such as ‘Furniture Industry Research Association’ before agreeing to carry out repairs / replacements.
- If any product has been discontinued or can’t be repaired then we reserve the right to supply an equivalent or similar alternative.
- Following a repair, the guarantee will remain valid from the date of the original purchase
- Our guarantee covers normal sleeping use only, with the exception of certain cases, such as our mental health beds *.
- You must comply with our weight limit on our products for the guarantee to be valid. This weight limit, however, only offers a guideline weight to protect our guarantee. The weight limit only refers to the individual(s), we already take into consideration the weight of the mattress.
- In terms of the guarantee, we cover the structure of our products. Any issue that arises which deviates away from the structure is not guaranteed, for example a noise on a bed frame.
- If a mattress loses shape in the guarantee period, this would be covered. Any wear and tear wouldn’t be covered under the guarantee.
- When a mattress is purchased the below guidelines need to be followed
Please note: on the mesh bases, the mesh is covered by the standard 12 month guarantee only.
* Reinforced Beds are experienced in providing products built for challenging environments, therefore in the event of any damage occurring outside of our guaranteed normal sleeping use we have a very reasonable price list for spare parts to give customers that peace of mind that we are here to help. Please note: that King and Super King Size bed frames are not guaranteed for challenging behavioural use. Beds and mattresses that are recommended for challenging behaviour are within the below links:
The products featured on the links above are our only products that are covered under our heavy duty guarantee. Any other products outside this range are not covered for challenging behavioural use. For further information, please contact on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01553 615665.
Mattress Care Guidelines
We strongly recommend the use of a good quality mattress protector or encasement under your bed linen to protect your mattress from spills and stains and to promote hygiene - avoid plastic based non-breathable types or any other form of plastic sheeting as this will tend to trap condensation and risk potential mould growth.
Expect Body Impressions
Most people tend to sleep in the same position on their mattress every night. Body impressions are therefore a normal occurrence and a positive indication that the generous amount of upholstery fillings are conforming to your body's unique shape, weight and sleeping pattern. Rotating and turning the mattress as described below will minimise body impressions.
Rotating and Turning Your Mattress
As they can be heavy, seek assistance when turning and rotating your mattress. The majority of our mattresses are upholstered with fillings on both sides hence require a Seasonal Turn. Turning the mattress over and rotating end-to-end periodically will allow even settlement on both sides of the mattress. It is recommended to turn and rotate your mattress once a week during the first 3 months and thereafter with the Seasons. Warning - do not use the handles to lift or carry the mattress. The sewn on handles are intended to help rotate and position the mattress while lying flat on the divan base. Handles sewn to a mattress are not designed to support the full weight of the mattress and you would risk damaging the border upholstery. This would invalidate the guarantee.
- In the case of 'No Turn' mattresses it is sufficient to simply rotate the mattress seasonally to ensure equal wear and tear.
- In the case of zip and link mattresses, please unfasten the mattresses before turning or rotating.
Airing Your Mattress
Give your mattress a good airing on a daily or weekly basis - simply leave the bed linen turned back for a few hours each time and allow air to circulate around and through the mattress.
Clean your bed every other month with a soft brush to keep it clear of dust and fluff - avoid the use of a vacuum cleaner as this may unduly disturb the upholstery fillings.
Treat stains and spills immediately using dry towels or paper towels. Do not use detergents or chemical cleaners as this may bleach or disintegrate the fabric.
Handling Your Mattress
Never attempt to fold or roll your mattress, even for a short period of time. Your mattress is designed and constructed for use only in a flat position. The exceptions are sofa bed mattresses and adjustable bed mattresses - please always store your mattress in a flat position.
In order to maximise consistent shape and support around the perimeter of your mattress please avoid regularly sitting on the edge in the same position for long periods.
Please do not stand on your bed or allow children to treat it as a trampoline - this applies equally to the mattress and the divan base.